Human Resources Supervisor
Website Special Areas
ADMINISTRATOR II – Human Resources Supervisor
Salary: $64,513 – $84,667 per annum
The Special Areas Board is seeking a Human Resources Supervisor – a permanent, full-time position based out of Hanna, AB. This position provides leadership to the Human Resources department while working collaboratively with members of senior management. The Human Resources Supervisor leads the development and implementation of Human Resources strategies, projects and programs for the Special Areas Board. Working with a unionized environment, this position requires the ability to build effective working relationships with a diverse range of employees and supervisors while supporting a positive and respectful culture. This position is critical to aligning Human Resource practices in internal business units with organizational objectives and employment standards.
Key duties include:
• Supporting employees, supervisors and managers in all Human Resources related matters
• Mentoring and supervising Human Resources department staff
• Identifying training, development and career action plans for staff
• Leading recruitment and selection processes for employees
• Interpreting the Collective Agreement, and liaising with AUPE
• Preparing budgeting advice and reporting for senior management
• Maintaining historical Human Resource records
• Oversee the administration of the Special Areas Substance Abuse Prevention Policy
• Post-secondary Designation in Human Resources Management or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• A minimum of five (5) years experience in Human Resources
• Demonstrated excellence in communication, interpersonal and leadership skills in a collaborative work environment
• Superior organizational and document management skills are essential
We offer an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan including health, dental, insurance, flexible spending account, and an employer-matched defined-benefit pension program. Special Areas is committed to an inclusive and supportive work environment, offering career development and training opportunities.
Additional information may be directed to Darcy Ferguson, Director of Finance & Administration at (403) 854-5600.
COMPETITION NO: 30012 CLOSING DATE: February 19, 2021
Please send a cover letter and resume quoting competition number:
- Human Resources Services
Special Areas Board
Hanna, AB T0J 1P0
Fax (403) 854-5527
We thank all applicants; however, only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to SpecialAreasHR@specialareas.ab.ca