Site Supervisor, Petroleum
Reporting to the Agency Manager, the Site Supervisor, Petroleum is responsible for all functions related to Agency operations. This includes: ensuring company objectives are reached, ensuring company policies are followed, and increasing market share and return on assets managed (R.O.A.M.). The Site Supervisor performs management functions in manager’s absence.
- Support the Agency Manager on staff management matters, including hiring new staff, scheduling staff, and developing employees, to ensure maximum productivity is achieved. Responsible for daily routine supervision of employees on the site.
- Responsible for the performance of daily store operations such as: ensuring daily cash summaries and deposits are completed correctly and in a timely manner (deposits made daily, cash summaries and invoices forwarded to CSO each mail day) and ensuring that daily bank deposits are made in accordance with established procedures.
- Key holder responsibilities, and oversight of opening and closing functions of the agency site. Actively involved with all areas of the operation, including back office systems and communication to the manager so that they are fully up-to-speed with what is happening in each area at all times. Respond in a timely and accurate manner to CSO’s requests.
- Provide input to yearly budget process and ensure that expenses are controlled to meet budget.
- Manage eCommerce customer requests to ensure eCommerce service levels and KPIs are maintained. Review, pick, pack, label and confirm orders using eCommerce related systems, workflows and processes. Ensure eCommerce order storage areas are clean, neat, well organized and in compliance with UFA’s safety and operational standards. Perform daily balancing of eCommerce orders including paper flow.
- Support all initiatives regarding competitive pricing, products and promotions. Continually strive to increase market share by customer contact through sales calls, farm calls, and telephone contact.
- Assist with the accurate and timely shipping and receiving of products. Responsibilities include complete fuel inventory management activities such as daily fuel reconciliations, fuel variance investigation, weekly physical tank dips, and dispenser meter head comparisons.
- Control inventory in accordance with guidelines as set out by the manager. Perform maintenance on inventory or cycle counts including trouble shooting/problem solving, as directed.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert by providing guidance and assistance to other employees on product knowledge, customer service best practices and UFA policies and procedures. Assist Customer Sales and Service Representatives with customer service issues.
- Ensure store, yard, site, propane area, tank farm, warehouses, and exterior locations are clean, neat, well organized, and in compliance with UFA’s safety and operational standards.
- Administrative duties such as scheduling deliveries, monitoring paperwork for correctness, maintaining files, coding invoices, and creating tracking spreadsheets; assist with special projects.
- Follow all Health, Safety & Environment Management System (HSEMS) policies and procedures as well as applicable, ensuring observation of OH & S legislation and COR.
- Ensure adequate security measures are taken and procedures followed, such as maintenance of alarm systems, staff involvement, and administrative controls related to invoicing and cash control.
- Grade 12 Diploma with 5+ years of related experience in a customer focused environment. Some post-secondary preferred.
- Demonstrated expert level knowledge in Petroleum products and supplies.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Cash handling, computer proficiency and previous customer service experience required.
- Agriculture or petroleum background, interest, and aptitude are required along with expert level knowledge of agricultural or petroleum products.
- Proven leadership with peer-to-peer coaching and mentoring abilities.
- Strong salesmanship skills with an extensive customer focused background required.
- Self-motivated with a continuous learning approach about the business of UFA.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Warehouse or yard and forklift experience is an asset. Will be required to obtain forklift operator training to work in yard environment.
- Capable of taking on occasional responsibilities beyond the current scope of the position.
- Capable of physical labour; capable of lifting up to 25 kg.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly. Experience with SAP and/or other enterprise management systems are desired.
- Pesticide Dispenser and AMS Certification preferred.
- Must remain current with any and all required certifications, including WHMIS and TDG.
- This is a safety sensitive position as will be on site at UFA facilities and will be using UFA material handling equipment. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org