Heavy Duty Mechanic I
Heavy Duty Mechanic I
HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC I
Journeyman or Apprentice
Salary: $59,040 – $79,818 per annum
YOUNGSTOWN: The Special Areas Board is currently seeking a permanent full-time position located in Youngstown, Alberta at the Board’s nineteen (19) bay equipment and roads service facility. This position welcomes Journeyman or Apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanic applicants (preference given to third and fourth year apprentice).
Special Areas maintains a large municipal road construction and maintenance program with over 300 pieces of heavy equipment. The Board operates a modernized fleet of equipment and is focused on a detailed preventative maintenance and repair program. Work will consist of a combination of field service and in shop repairs and maintenance.
Key duties include:
- analysis and repair and maintenance of diesel engines, trucks (gravel, water and oil distribution), motor graders, crawlers, tractors, self-unloading earth moving equipment, various types of packers, fire engines and other types of smaller equipment
- experience in diagnosing/repairing of Detroit, Cummins and Cat/John Deere engines would be an asset
- experience with off road equipment
- delivering the Special Areas Safety Program and all reporting requirements
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic Certificate, valid in the Province of Alberta
- Or third or fourth year apprentice will be considered. An application for Apprentice must be eligible for admission into the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training program.
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection experience is an asset
- Class 5 Driver’s License is required
We offer an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan including health, dental, insurance, flexible spending account, tool allowance, and an employer-matched defined-benefit pension program. Apprentice salary rates apply at third year (80%) and fourth year (90%) of Journeyman rates.
Special Areas is committed to an inclusive and supportive work environment, offering career development and training opportunities and a Monday to Friday standard work week.
Additional information may be directed as to Superintendent Youngstown Service Center, Brent Fecho, 403-779-3733.
COMPETITION NO: 30043 CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
This is designated a safety sensitive position and mandatory pre-employment drug testing will be conducted on all newly hired employees. Please send an application form and/or resume quoting competition number to:
- Human Resource Services
Special Areas Board
Hanna, AB T0J 1P0
Fax (403) 854-5527
We thank all applicants; however, only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to SpecialAreasHR@specialareas.ab.ca