Website Special Areas
Farm (Ag Operations) Worker – Buffalo Atlee Community Pasture
Wage: $22.1269 – $25.3356 per hour
The Special Areas Board requires an Agricultural Operations Worker from approximately May to October and will be based out of the Buffalo Atlee Community Pasture reporting to the Pasture Supervisor.
Key duties include:
• Support community pasture staff with fence installation/repair, water line installation/repair, corral and building maintenance/repair and general assistance
• Support to irrigation staff
• Operate machinery and power equipment used in the operation of the Agricultural Service Board, Community Pastures and Irrigation
• Delivering the Special Areas Safety Program and all reporting requirements; and
• Other related duties as required
• Farm/ranch experience preferred with previous fencing experience desirable
• Strong mechanical abilities and experience operating equipment is required
• Must be able to work independently
• Valid Class 5 Drivers License
Housing accommodation for this position may be supplied. Requests for additional information may be directed to Special Area No. 2 Administrator, Brett Richards, 403-854-5600.
COMPETITION NO: 641000B CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
This is a designated safety sensitive position and mandatory pre-employment drug testing will be conducted on all newly hired employees.
Please send an application form and/or resume quoting competition number to:
Human Resource Services
Special Areas Board
Hanna, AB T0J 1P0
Fax (403) 854-5527
We thank all applicants; however, only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to SpecialAreasHR@specialareas.ab.ca