The Batcher, on a daily basis, ensures the batching (production) of the concrete complies with laboratory specifications, while meeting the clients’ needs. In addition, is responsible to provide a good customer service, all according to the clients’ orders and at the lowest cost.
This role will be based in the Drumheller or Oyen area until the project is complete. Accommodations and Live Out Allowance will be paid for by Lafarge for any Batchers that reside outside of the Drumheller and Oyen areas.
- On a daily basis, check the cleanliness of the site (site safety).
- On a daily basis, perform a mechanical inspection of the plant (visual inspection, detection of unusual noises, lubrication, vibration, inspection of belts, etc.)
- Before the start of each shift, check and measure the humidity level of the raw materials (stone, sand) and, in so doing, perform a visual inspection of the conditions.
- Batch the concrete and dispatch the concrete mixer trucks to the different work sites according to the required specifications, and ensure compliance of the concrete delivered.
- Take phone orders and promote our Turbo & VAP products during COD orders and with clients.
- Enter receipts of raw materials in the ” Command Batch ” system and track them according to reports produced by the ” Command Batch ” system.
- Ensure that all the employees, yardmen, drivers, mechanics, contractors and other persons on the site are all working safely and wearing their PPE and, moreover, perform inspections on a regular basis to track the progress of the tasks and the work.
- On a daily basis, check the receipts and forward them to the invoicing department. (Includes verifying the receipts, Wait times – Superplasticizer, etc.)
- Check the starting and leaving times and the lunch and other breaks, according to the collective agreement, of all hourly employees.
- On a daily basis, check the cash sales and report the results to the director.
- Produce the end-of-day reports (Inventories, receipt and consumption of raw materials, product volumes (m3), bavards, etc.) and relay the information to the next person on shift as needed.
- Order raw materials according to the orders placed or the expected demand..
- Conduct physical inventories (raw materials and other) with one’s director at the end of each month.
- Maintain constant communication with the director, keeping him informed of any plant breakdown, production/delivery problem, or health- or safety-related incident.
- Must have minimum 3 years experience in batching concrete
- Must hold a collegial degree in a related field
- Must be able to work independently and be responsible and well organized
- Good communicator with a keen sense of customer service
- Must be able to work in a team and to cope with pressure
- Good ability to make decisions and to react quickly in an ever-changing environment
- Good analysis skills and good ability to anticipate problems
- Good knowledge of computers
- Knowledge of construction materials and concrete
_As part of our dedicated focus on the health and safety of all employees, a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing and a criminal record check, may be required._
- Lafarge Canada is committed to providing a safe environment for employees, customers, contractors and vendors. As such, in keeping with the requirements of our industry associations, partners, and clients across Canada, Lafarge Canada has implemented a COVID-19 vaccination policy intended to reduce the spread of COVID-19. As of October 1st, 2021, all new employees joining Lafarge Canada, subject to any requirement to accommodate pursuant to applicable human rights legislation, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.*
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $31.00-$37.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.workopolis.com/jobsearch/jobs-in-acadia-valley-ab?job=f9X9Nt66W5ZnNWW_6-G1__RFiiTysNiS8H2XIM2TuXzkmmJzk1UMeQ →