Website Borea Construction
The Borea team will define a path in the Canadian renewable market that has never been seen before. We are fully engaged in a proactive approach to safety, we have well-established processes and procedures, and we undertake development activities for the betterment of our team. We foster real value creation for our clients. Committed to detail, excellence and delivering results, Borea builds on the most solid ground of all: the firm’s values. Rooted in these values, its team gives the best of its talent and expertise and produces the expected results.
Surveyors will be responsible for travelling to our various renewable construction sites across Southern Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
The Surveyor is a safety-minded worker that should have construction industry experience and access to reliable transportation. The schedules are subject to variations depending on the project needs and delays. The ideal candidates are self-starters willing to follow directions closely and work in a team. The Surveyor is responsible for the planning, direction, and execution of surveys in order to perform route optimization, quantity calculations, and compliance calculations.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Conduct physical site surveys using a variety of equipment and tools
- Operate GPS and robotic surveying devices and work with road building software
- Prepare sketches and notes, and perform electronic data collection
- Process field data, coordinate field staff, and interface with CADD group
- Perform the staking of the elements of the projects
- Survey the elements for the as-built
- Perform quick calculations of quantities and modifications in accordance with standards
- Work with the Superintendent and Foremen to update any modifications related to road modelling and optimization
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Professional/College diploma in surveying
- Technical certifications/card/diploma required according to the laws and regulations of the work location
- Three to five years of construction industry experience
- Experience with Trimble, Total Station, and GPS is required
- Valid driver license
- Good physical condition, good reflexes, functional senses, and strength
- Comfort working in a high-stress environment with extreme weather fluctuations
- Ability to work in teams and communicate both verbally and written
- Ability to solve problems
- A keen eye for detail and good decision-making skills
- Manage to handle emergency situations, work under pressure and stress
Thank you for your interest in a career at Borea.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, not all applicants will be contacted. Please note that we may consider your CV for other positions as they become available.
Borea is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive working environment where all employees are treated fairly.
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Total Station: 1 year (preferred)
- GPS: 1 year (preferred)
- Trimble: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 5 Driver’s License (preferred)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=6981257f2c02a71a&from=tp-serp&tk=1fg2hv4ar31i7000 →