Executive Director (Temporary)
Position Title: Executive Director (Temporary)
Location: Oyen, AB
Position Profile: Oyen Daycare is currently seeking applications for positive and energetic individuals to work within the program to help guide and assist children in daily learning and experiences. An individual with leadership and mentoring skills. This individual should work well within a team environment and have great communication skills.
This is a temporary position, with potential opportunity to further employment.
- Engage with children and promote developmentally appropriate connections
- Give guidance and mentor staff with planning, organizing and daily activities.
- Assist with activities by telling stories, singing songs, and following the children’s interests
- Establish guidelines for behaviour
- Create a safe, welcoming, and home-like environment for the children
- Develop and implement ideas based on child led planning to promote the social, physical, intellectual, creative, and emotional development of children
- Provide many opportunities for children to express themselves, through art, music, fine and gross motor, etc.
- Be a team player, and communicate effectively with the staff, parents, and children.
- Leads and motivates the staff through personal examples regarding parent relations, health and safety policies and procedures, and following all licensing requirements and regulations
- Create invoices, receive payments, make deposits, send receipts, enter basic financial information into bookkeeping software
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Delivering and adherence with Special Areas Safety Program and all reporting requirements
- Level 1 Early Childhood Educator or willing to obtain within 6 months of commencement via a 52-hour online course.
- First Aid
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Provide satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check and Child Intervention Check
- Excellent communication, supervisory, leadership, conflict resolution and basic computer skills
For more information, please contact Regina at 825.998.9700. Please submit resume to the attention of Regina at the Oyen Daycare. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org