2ND OR 3RD YEAR HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC APPRENTICE
Website Vortrax Construction
RANGE OF PAY
$28.00/hr – $33.00/hr (based on experience), overtime after 8 hours, 9.6% vacation pay
HEALTH & DENTAL
Extended health and dental benefits after probationary period. 50/50 contribution
- Looking for a 2nd or 3rd year apprentice, but we are willing to consider proven experience for the right candidate
- Either local to the Acadia Valley/Oyen area or willing to commute for a 10 on/4 off schedule.
- Basic safety tickets required (First Aid, H2S Alive and Common Safety Orientation)
- Minimum Class 5 driver’s license, preference will be given to those that hold a class 1.
- Clean drivers abstract.
- Vortrax has a Drug and Alcohol program; pre-employment screening is required along with continued testing requirements.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience with heavy equipment repairs or at least the willingness to learn.
- Preferable experience on heavy truck and trailers including cement mixer trucks as well as wiring will be considered a strong asset
- Computer/laptop knowledge is required.
- Must be self motivated and organized.
- Mechanical ability and an interest in equipment and engines.
- The ability to think logically and keep up with changes in technology.
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Must be able to work under the direction of the Shop Supervisor
- Perform field maintenance/services.
- Keep equipment clean and maintained as per scheduled service intervals
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and ensure that the work done meets manufacturers’ specifications and legislated regulations.
- Write service reports as per company policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Please ensure you send a copy of your resume, drivers abstract (dated within 30 days) and relevant safety tickets for review to email@example.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://firstname.lastname@example.org. →