Operator – Empress
Website Plains Midstream
Plains Midstream Canada (PMC) is an industry-leading transportation and midstream provider specializing in transportation, storage, processing and marketing solutions for crude oil and natural gas liquids (NGLs). PMC also operates strategically-located facilities for crude oil and NGL storage, separates NGL from natural gas and fractionates NGL into pure liquid petroleum gas (LPG) products, including propane and butane.
Fueled by our strong leadership team and a dedicated employee base, combined with our expertise in marketing, logistics and our asset base, PMC is well-positioned to provide our customers with flexible, value-added services now and in the future.
Our Operations department is a talented group of professionals who are committed to conducting our business in a manner that ensures the safety and security of the public, our employees and contractors, our assets and the environment. We want consistent and predictable operations done the right way, every time.
Plains Midstream Canada is looking for a highly organized, reliable, and detail-oriented Operator for our Empress Straddle Plant located approximately 100 km north of Medicine Hat, Alberta. The ideal candidate will excel in a team environment and be responsible for the safe, efficient, and reliable operation of the facility. This position reports to the Operations Team Lead.
- Operating, maintaining, and /or repairing equipment and systems including equipment startup, shutdown and isolation;
- Working effectively in a team environment to monitor, log, resolve, and escalate operational and safety issues;
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory standards, policies, procedures, and site-specific training;
- Maintaining appropriate records and documents and submitting reports as required; and
- Maintaining the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and following prescribed safety regulations.
- Minimum 3rd Class Power Engineering Certification required;
- Must be able to work a regular on-call 12-hour shift rotation, including weekends and statutory holidays;
- Able to work in inclement weather conditions;
- Strong mechanical aptitude;
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.;
- Previous experience in gas/NGL processing and/or field operations considered an asset;
- Project coordination, control room experience, and OHS considered an asset;
- Valid H2S, WHMIS, TDG, and First Aid certificates considered an asset;
- Self-motivated and energetic with effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computer and problem solving skills; and
- Ability to identify opportunities for optimization and improvement.
- Permanent residency within 100 km of the Empress Facility is a condition of employment.
- A valid driver’s license is a condition of employment.
- Compliance with the Company’s drug and alcohol policy is mandatory.
Our employees drive our success. At PMC, hard work is rewarded with competitive compensation and a top-tier benefits program designed to keep you safe, healthy and happy. We work hard to deliver the best results to our stakeholders but we also respect our employees need for personal and family time, which is reflected in our great benefits program.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By submitting your resume, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process. Learn more.
All applicants not chosen for an interview shall have all personal information permanently deleted or disposed of with the exception of their resume, which will be kept on file in the event that another suitable position becomes available.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://plainsmidstream.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PMC/job/Empress/Operator_R0004107-1 →