Seasonal Road Construction & Maintenance Equipment Operators
Website Special Areas Board
SEASONAL EQUIPMENT OPERATORS & CONSTRUCTION WORKERS
Wage: $21.2243 – $35.3574 per hour
The Special Areas Board invites applications for camp-based seasonal wage positions within Special Areas 2, 3, and 4 and the Youngstown Service Center. Seasonal positions historically commence in May, depending on annual road program planning.
Positions available include:
- Construction Crew Operators (grader/rubber tire hoe)
- Support Crew Operators (packers/secondary highway repair staff)
- General laborers
Key duties include:
- Operation of road construction equipment for tasks such as new road construction and repair
- Support equipment operators with traffic control, stop, slow or direct traffic through a work area
- Document management and reporting
- Equipment servicing and minor repairs
- Delivering the Special Areas Safety Program and all reporting requirements; and
- Other related duties.
- Prior road maintenance and/or construction experience is an asset
- Applicant must meet the physical requirement needs of the position
- Completion of grade twelve or equivalent of education and experience
- Valid class 5 Drivers License is required, additional classes may be required
- Please indicate your specific equipment experience and relevant training on application.
Additional information may be directed to the Superintendent Roads & Streets, Shaune Kovitch, 403-779-3733.
COMPETITION NO: 321505 CLOSING DATE: Open till filled
These are designated safety sensitive positions and mandatory pre-employment drug testing will be conducted on all newly hired employees.
Please send an application form and/or resume quoting competition number and preferred work location to:
- Human Resource Services
- Special Areas Board
- Box 820
- Hanna, AB T0J 1P0
- Fax (403) 854-5527
We thank all applicants; however only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to SpecialAreasHR@specialareas.ab.ca