Road Re-Crowning Crew – Foreman III
Website Special Areas
SALARY: $32.3465 – $39.5059 per hour
YOUNGSTOWN: The Special Areas Board requires a Foreman for the Road Recrowning Crew. This role supervises a nine-person camp crew and is responsible for the cost-effective and efficient delivery of the annual road recrowning program. This position is a temporary full-time position and reports to the Road Surfacing Supervisor.
To be successful, this position requires a proactive problem-solver who is committed to excellence in service delivery, construction standards, and stakeholder relationships. The ability to critically analyze issues, investigate solutions, and develop innovative programs improving outcomes is key. The successful candidate will demonstrate their commitment to ongoing learning and skill development and will have demonstrated success in project management. Excellent communication and leadership skills are required for success.
Key duties include:
• Leading a crew of seasonal employees in the construction and maintenance of gravel roads;
• Delivering the road recrowning program (reshaping existing gravel road surfaces to Special Areas standards) on schedule and within budget;
• Using project planning techniques to deliver detailed reporting related to costing, efficiency, and key performance indicators;
• Supporting data-driven budgeting and project planning;
• Effectively managing records and reporting systems, including the Special Areas Safety Program;
• Investigating alternative and innovative processes to better deliver road programs; and
• Additional tasks including minor equipment repairs, instruction to operators in the care and operation of equipment and ensuring consistency and effectiveness in equipment servicing.
QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of 3 years’ heavy equipment operator experience and road construction work. A valid class 5 Drivers License is required. The successful applicant will be required to obtain a class 3 driver’s license.
Additional information may be directed to Shaune Kovitch, Superintendent of Roads and Equipment or Perry Yake, Road Surfacing Supervisor at (403) 779-3733.
COMPETITION NO: 30074 CLOSING DATE: February 21, 2020
This is designated a safety sensitive position and mandatory pre-employment drug testing will be conducted on all newly hired employees. Please send an application form and/or resume quoting competition number to:
HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES
SPECIAL AREAS BOARD
HANNA, AB T0J 1P0
FAX (403) 854-5527
We thank all applicants; however only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to SpecialAreasHR@specialareas.ab.ca