TEAM LEAD, INSTRUMENTATION & ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE
Website Plains Midstream Canada
Plains is currently looking to fill the position of I & E Maintenance Team Leader for the Empress District operating area based out of Empress 6 located approximately 60 miles north of Medicine Hat. In addition to lending technical expertise to operations in accordance with company standards, policies and procedures, the main focus will be to ensure adherence to the corporate maintenance reliability program. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who possesses solid Electrical and Instrumentation knowledge of LPG processing operations and maintenance activities and demonstrates strong leadership ability.
Note: Permanent residency within 100 km of the Empress Facility is a condition of employment.
- Communicating the vision for the Central District Asset Management Program to site Maintenance Technician’s and Contractors. Work closely with the Operations Team Leader to ensure strategies are aligned;
- Leading cross functional teams and inspiring employee engagement across departments;
- Leading the hiring, orientation, performance and career development needs of employees in a union/nonunion environment, providing strong leadership, coaching and mentoring for personnel; Builds commitment, pride, honesty, trust and relationships;
- Being an active steward of the environment and H&S by supporting the PMC Operations Management System;
- Managing the development of equipment life cycles, maintenance and long range equipment replacement/overhaul schedule;
- Managing Daily Maintenance, in accordance with District Work Management Flow;
- Creating, managing and monitoring key performance indicators that drive department productivity and asset reliability as per District Work Management;
- Prioritizing maintenance activities that align with Plains’ reliability and mechanical integrity programs, developing preventative maintenance Master Data;
- Managing continuous improvements to the work management work flow process;
- Supporting the maintenance of critical spare parts and equipment lists;
- Conducting analysis of reliability problems and leading RCFA teams to improve asset uptime;
- Identifying process optimization and energy efficiency opportunities;
- Liaising with internal and external customers on daily basis;
- Identifying change management initiatives (challenging the status quo) and managing change management through to implementation;
- Developing and managing maintenance O&M budgets and Capital budgets for area of responsibility; and
- Supporting and collaborating with the Regional Management Team.
- Trade Certification (Electrical or Instrumentation);
- Preferably 7+ years as a certified Trades Person;
- Formal leadership experience considered an asset preferably in an industrial setting (for example in the oil and gas industry)
- Strong understanding of electrical and mechanical maintenance for process equipment, pressure vessels and heaters;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve operational excellence through continuous improvement initiatives and process optimization;
- Ability to lead teams with diverse skill sets during period of change and achieve results in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Energetic, well-organized, self-motivated with effective communication skills (verbal and written);
- Motivated with a willingness to advance to greater challenges;
- Strong commitment to safety;
- Demonstrated team player;
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, experience using Maximo would be considered an asset;
- Self-directed and capable of working with minimum supervision; and
- Valid driver’s license.
Other combinations of skills and experience may be considered however it is imperative that the successful candidate be very strong from a technical aspect and have a track record of leading successful teams.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to April 5, 2019.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.plainsmidstream.com/career/team-lead-instrumentation-electrical-maintenance?fbclid=IwAR0nxvgN9MtEm5p3pyGZDGCZPDut8mDNfPehggSc28lwiZT5KLz79SaMg3M →