Weed Inspectors – Summer Student Positions
WEED INSPECTORS – SUMMER STUDENT POSITIONS
WAGE: $22.1269 – $26.7487 PER HOUR
The Special Areas Board invites applications for summer student positions with our Agriculture Service Board departments in the locations of Hanna, Jenner, Consort, Oyen and Red Deer River. These are designated safety sensitive positions and mandatory pre-employment drug testing will be conducted on all newly hired employees.
Key duties include:
- Weed inspection and weed/brush control, including chemical control,
- Promotion of soil conservation and agricultural pest surveys with producers,
- Providing information and addressing concerns from ratepayers,
- Providing clear analysis and reporting on weed control activities, and
- Maintaining, repairing and delivering rental equipment.
This position will be working outside completing fieldwork in rural-remote areas. Overtime work may be expected as a part of this role.
- Preference for Pesticide Applicator’s License (or ability to get)
- Post-secondary education (farming/agricultural experience preferred)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Boater’s license (or ability to get) for Red Deer River applicants
Additional information for locations may be directed as follows:
- Hanna and Jenner, Jesse Williams, Agricultural Fieldman at (403) 854-1114.
- Consort, Justine Comeau, Agricultural Fieldman at (403) 575-5525.
- Oyen and Red Deer River, Don Hogan, Agricultural Fieldman at (403) 664-5585.
COMPETITION NO: 631002 CLOSING DATE: FEBRUARY 12, 2021
Please send an application form and/or resume quoting competition number and preferred work location to:
- Human Resource Services
Special Areas Board
Hanna, AB T0J 1P0
Fax (403) 854-5527
We thank all applicants; however, only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to SpecialAreasHR@specialareas.ab.ca